In keeping with the vintage-style romance cards this month, I made this card for a good friend of my husband who is getting married this weekend. I used papers from a local company, FabScraps, and went to town with my red distress ink! 🙂
It is based on the week 2 sketch for the Viva la Verve! February challenge.
I just love vintage-style romance cards! This paper collection from K&Company is just amazing, and on top of all the double-sided papers, it also comes with three sheets of small collage images that are just too cute! Scrapbooking compliments card making so perfectly, don’t you think? IMHO paper crafting would not have been half as fun if not for all the beautiful scrapbook papers. And, of course, the tools – I am the worst tool junkie!
This card is based on sketch SC318 on Splitcoaststampers.com which I made last week along with the baby card. Yes, a second sketch in one week – if it starts snowing around here, you’ll know why ;).
I just realized that this is the first baby card I have EVER posted on my blog. Scandalous, I know. And it’s not like I’ve never made any baby cards before – I’m at that stage in life where everybody around me is having babies. Okay, that probably came out wrong, but you know what I mean ;).
I made this card for our neighbour who had a little boy recently and it’s based on the CPS #203 sketch. It has been a very long time since I’ve participated in a sketch challenge – I’ve forgotten how much fun it is!
And isn’t that little duck just the cutest thing? It’s from a small baby-themed stamp set by Imaginisce which has never seen any ink in the years I’ve had it. I guess that means I’m breaking new ground on many levels tonight!
Thanks for looking!
It looks deceptively simple, yet it took me half the night to make it. I used an interesting patterned paper from Basic Grey for the background which I distressed, then overlaid with a loose vellum sheet that I stitched on. I used the ends of the thread to dangle some rhinestones from, then I stamped the bride and groom’s initials on the vellum with metallic ink.
I also made a matching bookmark, which I’ll share with you next time!
View supplies list
I made this during a demonstration to show how easy it is to create a striking card with little more than white card stock, stamps, ink pads and a bit of creativity.
I coloured the bottom third of the card with Celadon ink by masking the top area and then rubbing the ink across the page. For the top I repeated a large solid stamp which I clear embossed, then, using an ink blending tool, I created the background with green & black Distress Inks. Nice, huh? Even the “ribbon” is an embossed stamp strip. The black bird is raised with foam squares to add dimension and interest.
View supplies list
I made this wedding card for a good friend of mine, matching it to her wedding invites. I have also made some fabulous Christmas cards in the last few weeks and will be sharing them with you soon.
Thanks for dropping by!
Sometimes life tends to throw us real curve balls… The past 2 weeks felt like I was caught up in some alternate reality – it’s like I existed outside the real world. I can’t go into detail, but at least let me apologise for my absense – and post at least one card to make up for the inactivity 🙂
I made this card for the “Handmade” Profile All Occassion Cards” swap on swap-bot.com. It was one of 3 cards, but I based the other 2 on cards I’ve posted previously, so I did not bother to photograph them again.
Have a great day!