It looks deceptively simple, yet it took me half the night to make it. I used an interesting patterned paper from Basic Grey for the background which I distressed, then overlaid with a loose vellum sheet that I stitched on. I used the ends of the thread to dangle some rhinestones from, then I stamped the bride and groom’s initials on the vellum with metallic ink.
I also made a matching bookmark, which I’ll share with you next time!
- patterned paper (Basic Grey); tracing paper
- stamps: “Misunderstood” foam alphabet stamps (Making Memories)
- inks: “Honeydew” Encore! Ultimate Metallic ink (Tsukineko); “Shabby Shutters” and “Antique Linen” distress inks (Tim Holtz/Ranger)
- other: border punch (Fiskar); beading thread; green rhinestone; ink daubers for inking