This is a card example for the “Make a mobile/magnet” class, and it happens to be based on Laura’s sketch (from 2Sketches4You), made for the Scrapbook News and Reviews‘ celebration of WCMD — see, I did manage to make a card (eventually)!
It is meant to be simple and easy to mass-produce as a personalized Christmas card. The photo is of my husband and I, wearing popped santa hat clip art 😀 [it cracks me up every time I read that sentence!] Neither of us are fans of “Christmas fluff“* (like those Santa hats for example), but I just couldn’t help myself — it works so well on this card! I used liquid pearls to make the woolly parts of the hats look 3D.
• card stock: textured white Royal Quadrant (Grafton Paper Products)
• paper: bright red (unknown)
• stamp: ‘Falala’ clear stamp Christmas (Making Memories)
• ink: ruby CatEye pigment ink (ColorBox)
• other: white opal liquid pearls (Ranger), santa hat clip art
• tools: Making Memories Tag Maker circle rim and tool, large scalloped scissor (Creative Papercraft magazine), embossing stylus, foam squares (Chiswick)
* Christmas fluff: The commercialized part of Christmas that has nothing to do with the real reason for it, namely the birth of Jesus Christ.
|“Make a magnet or mobile” class photo album|